"This Day One book does an excellent job of providing you with the necessary information to get the EX Switches in your environment up and running correctly without trying to re-teach you the history or basics of Ethernet switching."
Brandon Bennett, Senior IT Engineer, tw telecom JNCIE-ER #46, JNCIP-M, JNCIA-EX, CCIE R&S #19406
The Juniper Networks EX Series Ethernet Switches deliver a high-performance, scalable solution for campus, branch office, and data center environments. You can deploy cost-effective Junos switching solutions that deliver carrier-class reliability, security risk management, network virtualization, application control, and reduced total cost of ownership. This book gives you both configuration background and key samples so you can get your switch up and optimally running in your network. No theory, no long introductions, just straightforward configurational how-to's.
Day One: Configuring EX Series Ethernet Switches shows you how to:
Yong Kim is a Senior Technical Marketing Engineer for Juniper Networks in the Fabric and Switching Technology Business Group. Yong has 10+ years of experience in network and security solution design, implementation, and troubleshooting. Prior to joining Juniper Networks he worked at Cisco Systems in a variety of roles including the Proof of concept (POC) lab and TAC. He is a CCIE in the area of Routing and Switching and a CISSP in security.
- Manage an EX Series switch using the Junos command line interface (CLI).
- Set key Virtual Chassis configurations using various interconnection methods, as well as important design considerations for your Virtual Chassis configuration.
- Configure Link Aggregation Group (LAG).
- Configure Layer 2 Switching and Layer 3 Routing.
- Configure basic IP connectivity and elements to enable remote access.
Configure basic static routing.
- Set various Ethernet-switching-options such as voice VLAN, L2 security (DHCP snooping, Dynamic ARP Inspection, etc.), or other Layer 2-specific features.
- Configure key EX Series switch features such as Ethernet OAM, MVRP, Multicast, EZQOS-V By Yong Kim and David Nguyen
<> About the Authors
David Nguyen is a Technical Marketing Engineer for Fabric and Switching Technology. Prior to joining Juniper, David was a Systems Engineer for Spirent Communications and a Customer Support Engineer for Cisco Systems.