You need to configure your EX Series Ethernet switch and you need to get it done today. This practical, best-selling book, now in its third edition, shows you what to do and exactly how to do it.
The Juniper Networks EX Series Ethernet Switches deliver a high-performance, scalable solution for campus, branch office, and data center environments. You can deploy cost-effective Junos switching solutions that deliver carrier-class reliability, security risk management, network virtualization, application control, and reduced total cost of ownership. This book gives you both configuration background and key samples so you can get your switch up and optimally running in your network. No theory, no long introductions, just straightforward configurational how-toís.
ITíS DAY ONE AND YOU HAVE A JOB TO DO, SO LEARN HOW TO:
- Manage an EX Series switch using the Junos command line interface (CLI).
- as important design considerations for your Virtual Chassis configuration.
- Configure Link Aggregation Group (LAG).
- Configure Layer 2 Switching and Layer 3 Routing.
- Configure basic IP connectivity and elements to enable remote access.
- Configure basic static routing.
- Set various Ethernet-switching options such as voice VLAN, Layer 2 security (DHCP snooping, Dynamic ARP Inspection, etc.), or other Layer 2-specific features.
- Configure key EX Series switch features such as Ethernet OAM, MVRP, Multicast, EZQOS-Voice, and Port mirroring.
Yong Kim was a Senior Technical Marketing Engineer for Juniper Networks in the Fabric and Switching Technology Business Group. Yong has over a decade of experience in network and security solution design, implementation, and troubleshooting. Prior to joining Juniper Networks he worked at Cisco Systems in a variety of roles including the Proof of Concept (POC) lab and TAC.