THIS WEEK: Deploying MPLS
While there are many books and papers available that cover network architecture, MPLS services, and MPLS cores, none put all these subjects together in a “beginning-to-end” walk- through methodology using all the necessary configuration examples for Juniper routers, with explanations for each configuration. This Week: Deploying MPLS is a seminar-in-a- book on the process of designing and standing up a MPLS core, as well as provisioning MPLS services such as L3VPN, VPLS, and Layer 2 circuits. If you are a network engineer, network architect, or network administrator in an enterprise or service provider environment that has decided to implement MPLS, be prepared to be shown, not told, what to do.
“If you’re thinking about adding MPLS to your Junos network, this book is perfect. Not only will you find MPLS concepts explained but many real-world Junos configuration examples, too. In short, the book provides the necessary knowledge for an MPLS deployment in a matter of days because you’re never more than a step away from configuring the concepts you’ve just learned.”
Nicholas Harland, Senior Network Engineer, Constant Contact, Inc.
LEARN SOMETHING NEW ABOUT JUNOS THIS WEEK:
About the Authors
- Decide on an appropriate network architecture based on your network’s requirements and offered services.
- Implement a fault-tolerant MPLS core based on LDP, RSVP, or LSP and RSVP, on Juniper Networks routers using the Junos CLI.
- Understand how to troubleshoot an MPLS core.
- Provision L3VPN, VPLS, and Layer 2 circuits on Juniper Networks routers.
- Understand all the Junos features in an MPLS implementation.
- Effectively implement traffic engineering and understand how to effectively and efficiently scale your network.
Tim Fiola is a Senior Network Consultant in Juniper Networks’ Professional Services Organization, specializing in the design, implementation, and operations of MPLS networks. He is JNCIE-M/T #419, is JNCIS-SEC certified, and has over 7 years experience working with Junos devices.
Jamie Panagos is a Senior Network Consultant in Juniper Networks’ Professional Services Organization and specializes in the design, implementation,o and operation of datacenter, enterprise, and service provider networks. Jamie has over 10 years of experience on some of the largest networks in the world and has participated in several influential industry communities including NANOG, ARIN and RIPE. He holds JNCIE-M/T #445 and JNCIE-ER #50.