In today's competitive and diverse marketplace, effective collaboration is a critical component of organizational success. Lotus® Notes® and Domino®, the premier IBM® collaboration platform, helps organizations improve collaboration, increase productivity, and streamline business processes. The Lotus Notes 8 interface is intuitive and easy to use, and the Lotus Domino 8 server is secure, flexible, and reliable. Together, Lotus Notes and Domino 8 can help your organization to:
- Increase employee effectiveness and creativity through integrated messaging, collaboration, and office productivity applications.
- Reduce overall cost of ownership by deploying integrated offering with office productivity suite included at no additional charge.
- Protect IT infrastructure with a layered security model that reaches from server to individual field in a document.
- Increase mobile and offline productivity from secure, reliable replication.
- Increase individual responsiveness through customizable interface.
- Reduce application development and deployment costs through quick creation application component mash ups.
- Minimize downtime with high availability and simplified administration tools.
This IBM Redbooks® publication provides you with information about the new enhancements and features of Lotus Notes and Domino 8 and provides guidelines or directions on how to implement or utilize these. It also provides you with an approach to planning and deploying Lotus Notes and Domino 8 in new and existing environments.
This publication is a valuable reference to all kinds of users. It will help CIOs, CTOs, administrators, developers, and users with:
- Understanding the capabilities and benefits of Notes and Domino 8
- Planning for the deployment of Notes and Domino 8
- Planning to leverage new features of Notes and Domino 8