This IBM Redbooks publication discusses new features of WDSC V7.0, focusing on Remote System Explorer (RSE) and new ways of installing and managing the products. For features of the previous version, WDSC 5.1.2, refer to WebSphere Development Studio Client for System i Version 5.1.2, SG24-6961-01.
Specific topics discussed in detail include:
- Installing WDSC V7.0 using a new installation management tool of Installation Manager
- Managing a WDSC V7.0 instance
- Working with i5/OS-based development resources using the Remote System Explorer
- Remote Systems LPEX Editor - The modern SEU and much more
- Screen Designer Technical Preview - The modern Screen Design Aid (SDA) in WDSC AE 7.0
- Application Diagram in WDSC AE - Visualizing program structures
- System i Projects
- Integrated System i Debugger
WebSphere Development Studio Client for System i (WDSC) is a collection of many features and functions, such as:
- Integrated Development Environment: Seamlessly integrate all your tools, teams, assets, and other workbench-based projects.
- IBM WebFacing Tool: Convert your existing 5250 interfaces to Web interfaces with minimal changes to the server application.
- Remote System Explorer and System i Development Tools: Develop and maintain System i applications while working with remote systems.
- Integrated System i Debugger: Debug code that is running on a System i machine.
© 2019 Vervante Corporation. All rights reserved.