ADD TO CART
WebSphere Portlet Factory is a powerful and flexible tool for rapidly building portlets on top of a service-oriented architecture. Developers are able to quickly and easily leverage their company's core assets, automatically assembling them into custom, high-value portlets.
Within this Redbook, we show you specific techniques and a best practices approach for developing portlets using WebSphere Portlet Factory. Using a fictitious company scenario, we discuss how to build a Customer Self Service and Customer Representative application. Within this context, we cover the following topics:
- Installing and configuring the Portlet Factory development Environment,
- How to create and consume data services from SQL, Domino and a Web Service,
- Step by step guidance for creating the portlets and enabling inter-portlet communication,
- Advanced UI design techniques, including the use of AJAX for type ahead functionality and working with the DoJo Builders,
- Enabling the use of Profiling
- Deployment Production Considerations, and
- Troubleshooting and Debugging techniques
© 2022 Vervante Corporation. All rights reserved.