ADD TO CART
IBM DATABASE 2 Version 9.1 for z/OS (DB2 9 for z/OS throughout this publication) is the thirteenth release of DB2 for MVS.
It brings improved synergy with the zSeries hardware and more opportunities to drive business value in the following areas:
-- Business insight innovations
- Rich hybrid support for relational and pure XML data.
- Enhanced support for key business partners that allow you to get more from your data in critical business disciplines like ERP.
- A brand new user interface for the Query Management Facility to view and analyze data from either a workstation client or an ordinary Web browser.
-- Cost savings through optimized innovations
- Streamlined security and regulatory compliance through the implementation of roles, network-trusted contexts, and enhanced auditing.
- Performance-boosting innovations such as load and reorg CPU reductions, improved varying length data, logging, and insert performance.
- Query management enhancements to make accessing data even faster and more accurate with indexing improvements.
-- Business resiliency innovations
- Database on demand capabilities to ensure that information design can be changed dynamically, often without database outages.
- DB2 restart improvements enhancing performance usability and availability in data sharing environment.
This book introduces the enhancements made available with DB2 9 for z/OS. Its helps you understand the new functions, justify investment in migrating, and plan for exploiting the key new capabilities.
© 2024 Vervante Corporation. All rights reserved.